01 August, 2008

The Pussycat Dolls Need To Enunciate Better













"When I grow up
I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

When I grow up
I wanna see the world
Drive nice cars
I wanna have boobies"

...Anyone?

Considering what we know about the Pussycat Dolls, I think it's safe to assume that the final lyric is probably about desiring "groupies," and not "boobies."

However, I haven't ruled out that the song ("When I Grow Up") isn't meant to be some sort of empowering anthem aimed at young girls--who, as conceived in the minds of record producers, may, indeed, be desirous of boobies.

After hearing one of PCD's earlier singles ("Buttons"), I mistook the lyric "I'm telling you to loosen up my buttons baby" for "I'm telling you to loosen up my butt [uh] baby" (that's the word "butt" followed by a vague, sexual grunt). At the time, I reflected that this would be a strange thing to sing, but perhaps it was in reference to getting loose and booty-shaking on the dance floor, or at least that's what I hoped, because to loosen up a butt sounds, frankly, diarhettic.

Does anyone else have these kinds of mishearing problems? Do you blame me or the Pussycat Dolls for dirtying up their lyrics (although 'loosening up her buttons...in order to take her pants off' is, you know, already fairly dirty)? And why do I not hate the Pussycat Dolls more than I do?

No comments: