11 February, 2008

Oscar-Themed Food!

The folks over at Epicurious.com have done exactly what I was too lazy to do: They've assembled an Oscar-night menu with foods themed around the Best Picture nominees! So while you're watching No Country for Old Men sweep through the ceremony, you could be munching Texas-Style Chili and Sage & Honey Skillet Cornbread (make sure to wash it down with an adequately Tex-Mex beer like Negra Modelo!). If you're rooting for crowd-favorite Juno, you could be enjoying Waffled Ham & Cheese Sandwiches and Frozen Chocolate Bananas. If high-minded political pretentiousness is more your style (or if, like me, "upscale" food still sounds just as delicious), you could opt for a Michael Clayton-inspired Filet Mignon with Merlot Sauce

As a novice foodie, I don't know if I'll want to go this far out of my way to please my Oscar party invitees, but it's a cool idea, and it all looks and sounds delectable.

Warning: It's just the Best Pic nominees, so no, you don't get to make human meat pies with Sweeney Todd.

No comments: