10 February, 2008

'Project Runway' is better than 'America's Next Top Model' ...barely

Yeah, yeah, I know. But it's true.

Tell me, though: What the heck are ANTM contestants Dani, Jaslene, and Bianca (pictured) doing in Runway's Bryant Park finale? Couldn't they find enough real models? ...JK, girls, JK.

Not that I don't love me some Top Model success stories--especially when they involve two of my past favorites (Cycle 6 winner Dani, left, and Cycle 8 winner Jaslene, center)--but don't you think this is a strange case of reality TV cross-pollination? Project Runway is like Top Model's cooler, hipper, and sexier cousin, what with it's highfalutin "School" of design, and requisite "talent."

Could this new development, paired with the relocation of ANTM back to New York, make for a new infusion of "class" into the Top Model proceedings? Also, I'm interested to see whether the girls get specifically mentioned on the Runway finale--or, if in a case of ironic serendipity, they actually had to earn their way into the fashion show.

Oh, and since I went ahead and spoiled the designers' final collections for myself by flipping though Bravo's online photo gallery, you might as well know that I thought Christian's was the best. And the fiercest. See it here.

No comments: